Monday, December 28, 2009

Going Batty

In the spirit of materialism, has recently acquired Batman: The Animated Series DVD box set volume 2 from Music One in Greenbelt. It is quite annoying when people talk and write about stuff that they have recently acquired, basically because I easily get really envious and I want everything to be Mine! Mine! Mine! but my acquisition of Batman: The Animated Series DVD box set volume 2 speaks of my will power, perseverance, and procrastination. It also shatters the dogma that everything can be downloaded. You see I’ve seen this exact box set one year ago, also during Christmas season, in the same store and I wrestled then with myself whether I would get it. When I’ve finally decided that I would, the set was gone, and the personnel said they wouldn’t be getting any more of it as it was out of print. Obviously they’ve only misplaced it under heaps of copies of Sex in The Philippine Cinema Volume 1-7. And yesterday, it was unearthed in the same store by Namtab Pots who rushed to me as I was listening to, er, cool jazz music in the listening station. One of the special features in the DVD is called Robin Rising, with the excellent Paul Dini and Bruce Timm talking about the history of Robin and how he was incorporated in the show. Robin, oh, Robin. It was like looking in the mirror.

No comments: