Monday, March 1, 2010

Silver Banshee

That morning the ones who shared the callroom with me during the previous duty night would tell me that my 3 alarm clocks have been ringing incessantly for hours on end without eliciting anything but a grunt from me--and that grunt might have been from something else I've been dreaming about. Grunt, okay, not moan or whimper. I didn't even press the snooze button, I didn't even throw the bleeping phones away, I didn't even panic that the rings might have been referrals for people dying--I just slept there and totally ignored them alarms. As they were all blaring out I did eventually wake-up, but what actually managed to snap me out of sleep was this admonishment from a dutymate:

"Ang mga phone mo!!!"

This brought me back to total wakefulness and thankfully so, as I had so many things to do.

I will forever be in debt to you, JJL, you are indeed the mistress of breaking through the REM barrier.

No comments: