Thursday, October 21, 2010

Failure to Shop

I think I've blogged a few blogs ago that I've been thinking of going shopping for clothes, shoes, watch, etc. in one swoop, which I must now report was a complete failure as my money immediately went elsewhere, in particular: The thick compilation Showcase Volume: Legion of Superheroes Volume 4, a loose (and much bargained) Supergirl and Larfleeze action figures from the recent Collecticon 2010 in Rob, mint condition Blue Lantern Saint Walker and Indigo Lantern Indigo-1 action figures, and all that stuff we had to pay for the IM boards coming very soon. The last one I inserted so I wouldn't look like a total wastebag. What I sort of--sort of--regret not getting among the supposed necessities however was the wristwatch, as I haven't had a wristwatch since high school. Or maybe elementary. And just in case some HAMI or future HAMI is reading, I never did Q-tingin during monitoring--I would usually use with much inconvenience my PDA, the nearest wallclock, my cellphone, and my favorite: the patient's wristwatch.

Back in high school Namtab Pots had this watch with the strap made of some green fatigue cloth-like material. It would absorb all the sweat his arm has accumulated the whole day. At 5 pm before buying ice scramble or something he would remove the watch and bring it to everyone's noses, and scream, "AMUYIN NYO!!!" I don't know why I remember these things.

5 comments:

Callistus Netromedev said...

It was first year HS not Grade 6. Let the story die. There are better memories. lol

will said...

ayan cinorrect ko na, callistus netromedev, high school, di ba mas mabuti nga kung elementary pa yun nung ginawa mo ahahahahahahahah. the story wouldn't die! we can create sagas from it!

Paul Miller said...

kadiri! alam na ngang mabaho, ipaaamoy pa sa iba. hahaha!

HTGOF said...

puede naman yan iutos sir, sa: 1. mom 2. sister 3. gay friend or colleague (chineck ko pa talaga ang spelling nito, i knerrr...) at and the best 4. chorva

will said...

Paul miller: and I'm sure inaamoy nya yun before nya ipaamoy sa iba just to make sure ahahahaha

HTGOF: EXCELLENT points. I think the chorva would LOVE it. would probably even LICK it.