Sunday, January 30, 2011

Totally Frozen Brain With Tumors Inside

After waking up at 2pm on December 16 with the May 1 thought, “Now what,” and two weeks of pure nothingness, with no internet in sight (vinta, mayor’s permit, and NBI clearance required), and no significant personal interaction other than with my action figures, my brain has totally frozen. Which is preferable to a bleeding brain, bleeding brain from too much thinking in IM. Would still opt for a frozen brain--all those anticoagulants and drugs and criteria and protocols and learning-learning crap! Speaking of which, I have been having persistent headaches and of course I’m thinking of cancer. My mother thinks it’s from too much sleep. Upon coming home when residency ended I declared once and for all in the house, “Ayokong maghugas ng pinggan ever, ever.”

And since my brain has totally frozen (with tumors inside), I cannot compose proper reviews for the delightful and disgusting pop culture… stuff I was able to immerse myself with in the past two weeks, hence I will just LIKE and DISLIKE them with a few rants, in true frozen-brain-with-tumors-inside fashion.

Lost Finale- finally got the time to watch season 5 and season 6 (final season). Lost is still mostly boring, and these seasons are very manipulative, drawn-out, melodramatic at times, gimmicky, but still gee-whiz fun, and I still got all misty at the final, final scene. The last time I cried while watching something was… Toy Story 3. Lost Finale: LIKE.

Justice League International- For a twice a month title this series is fast-paced and action-packed, which is what we want want want from a comic book, not some introspective crap like Superman who is still walking, I think he’s in Nevada now. Ice is doing a Dark Phoenix, but I still LIKE this title, so LIKE.

Masterchef USA- LIKE. Because Whitney dropped the chicken and she still got to fry something properly in seven minutes, so there’s that supernatural aspect there. So LIKE. But my mom and sister would probably not like, as after every episode I would tell them something like: I want buttermilk fried chicken on a bed of collard greens but I want you to drop the chicken and fry another one seven minutes before I get to the table and it has to be cooked properly.

No Internet- Whereas back in residency I would grow hair in weird places if I don’t get to have internet for more than 48 hours, I noted that without internet I can do more productive stuff, like arrange my paperback novels alphabetically, make and unmake my bed 7x a day, sit alone in the veranda thinking of what diseases I probably have, and stuff. LIKE.

Adele's Rolling In the Deep- Like, because it's playing over and over in my head even as I toss and turn insomniacally on my bed and it's driving my crazy get out of my head Adele! Still, Like.

Quick rundown of old movies I’ve watched recently (some spoilers like you care)
Smilla’s Sense of Snow (1997)- Murder mystery which suddenly gives you a whiplash as it turns into an X-Files episode 3/4ths into the movie, plus the bitchy Smilla and really what the heck kind of name of Smilla! DISLIKE.

I Love You, Man (2009)- For the endless AHAHAHAHAHAAHAH’s from Paul Rudd and Jason Segel plus the girl from The Office and the peacocking guy from 17 Again: LIKE LIKE LIKE.

The Back-Up Plan (2010)- Starring J-Lo. Dislike is probably too mild for this, but hate is not appropriate either, as we reserve hate for more important things, like expensive lost X-ray plates. So we will just pretend that The Back-Up Plan does not exist. Or—OR, more appropriately, to quote BOTD’s movie review by text: “chaka!”

Vertigo (1958)- Because we enjoy seeing people free-falling from towers and such and we want to claim that we’ve watched an Alfred Hitchcock movie: LIKE.
Disturbia (2008)- DISLIKE the movie, but LIKE the idea of getting house-arrested for 3 months. 

Cabin fever setting in. Headache, nausea, fasciculations in strange places, the desire to pull out hair strands and eat them. I love it.

(This is a really old post I've discovered stashed away in my laptop, for more filler effect after a long hiatus.)

2 comments:

BOTD said...

ahahaha. back up plan is like the chaka-est of them alllllllll. must give you my new downloaded stuff! haha. ang saya saya ng mga bagong blog! :)

will said...

oo nga pengeng mga bagong movies, yung talagang magfee-freeze ang brain ko ahahahaha